Lead Android System Developer
We are looking for a Lead Android System Developer for our office in Bellevue.
Your mission as our new Lead Android System Developer
You are passionate about embedded devices. You are enthusiastic about the connection between hardware and software and have a mind for solving puzzles and thinking of creative solutions to problems. You take direction well and are a team player.
To be successful as Witekio's new Lead Android System Developer, you have the following skills:
- A strong understanding of low level Android system development, ranging from the bootloader to driver development to core Android system services
- Linux kernel expert
- An equally strong understanding of C/C++ and Java
- Skills in the Android Platform’s framework – including expertise in JNI and custom system services
- Experience customizing the Android HIDL
- Familiarity with Android Application development, especially in context of interfacing with the framework
- A background with embedded devices
- Excellent communication skills and strong abilities to transfer knowledge
- Current knowledge of development tools and version control such as GIT and repo
- The ability to adapt to the consulting industry
You will be responsible for board bring-up, driver development (both Linux kernel and Android drivers), Android framework customization, and Android system service development on a variety of embedded hardware platforms. You will be responsible for defining software architecture and leading small teams of engineers.
With a degree in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering (or equivalent work experience), you have the following skills:
- 8+ years of experience with Linux kernel and middleware development, preferably on ARM architecture
- 8+ years of applied C/C++ and Java programming experience
- 5+ years of embedded development experience and debugging
- 5+ years of Android system development.
This opportunity of becoming our new Lead Android System Developer caught your eye?
Send your resume with reference to this job code: O_hzYF16@witekio.recruiterbox.com
We are experts in embedded software with over 100 engineers based around the world with teams in France, England, Germany and the United States. We partner with our clients from end to end, providing tailor-made services for architectural design, development, and software integration.
Find an overview of our projects under witekio.com/case-studies/